Q: It seems that after the card is full, when I move or delete the videos, it shows that the card is full unless I format the card and zero it out. Is this normal?
A: Yes, you need to format the memory card.
Tip for MAC users: When deleting files from your SD card you must empty the trash before removing the SD card or unplugging the action cam. If you do not empty your trash the photo and video files will not be completely erased from your SD card.
Q: I can see all the AVI Files that the BulletHD has auto saved every 5 minutes on my memory card (using an external card reader)
HOWEVER I am only able to open and view the video footage of the first saved AVI file, the other videos are unable to be opened.
A: Please format your memory and try again, it should be ok.
Q: I just tested my BulletHD with a 8GB Class 2 card and it is choppy sometime…why?
A: Because of the speed of memory card (Class 2) is not fast enough, if you want better and more smooth video quality, we recommend Transcend Class 6 Micro SD, there is big difference.
Q: I have just purchased 1 of BulletHD but seems to be a problem with the sound or microphone, it makes a constant noise. Is this the right card I should be using 8gb micro sd hc type 4? Or could you tell me what I might be doing wrong?
A: Seems the problem from your memory card (Class 4). We recommend Class 6 micro SD card.
Q: I have tried updating the firmware from your site and the files do not appear any different from the current as they have the same modified date and when I try to install the updated software, I get the error message saying that “the device can’t be initialized, please check driver or hardware settings”.
A: Before you update the firmware, please make sure the camera is in “Webcam” mode. [Video Tutorial]
Step 2: Press and hold the shutter button and plug-in the USB AT THE SAME TIME, then there is a pop up window comes out (Image Download Utility).
Step 3: Ignore and close the Image Download Utility window, then run the “STK03NU.exe” file.
Caution: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB CABLE WHILE FIRMWARE UPGRADING, IT MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DEMAGE!
Date & Time Setting:
Q: I’ve BulletHD and Windows 7. I have updated firmware but I can’t set up date & time. Any ideas?
A: Please try to upgrade the firmware to Firmware Version: [V5.20], and run the Date & Time Setting Version: [V2.00].
Here is the download link: http://www.bullethd.us/support/downloads/
Date & Time Setting – Quick Setup
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac (10.6.0 or above)
Q: How long the battery life for video recording?
A: 115 minutes (video non-stop recording) for each battery.
Q: Windows 7 gives me an errors message with usb “unknown device”.
Is there any drive to install that will show the bullet HD cam in the explorer window?
A: I think Win 7 gives an error message “Unknown Device” because your camera is in “USB Charge” mode, only the blue light turns on, right?
Please insert memory card then turn on the camera (standby mode), then connect to your PC, it should be work.
Q: Hi, I have purchased the above and seem to only have audio when the back cap if off? When I screw it have on, I have no sound. Is there any way I can get sound with the cap screwed on?
A: BulletHD 720p is a waterproof version, it comes with waterproof cap and almost 80% of sound is blocked by the cap. You may want to purchase a mount package which includes “sound cap”, here is the link for your reference:
Q: Hi I have just bought a bullet hd for kayak fishing. great pictures but I can’t seem to find a program to edit the video. Thank you for any help.
A: BulletHD has exclusive function which is 5 minutes/video file, it is much easier for user to choose the best video section then upload to internet and share with friends!
Here are five of FREE video editing software, if you want to edit your videos much professional:
1) Microsoft Movie Maker – Windows OS
2) Apple iMoive – MAC OS
3) Avid FreeDV – Avid FreeDV is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems, and includes basic video and audio editing capabilities, as well as up to two streams of real-time effects. On the whole, a solid video editing program that is slightly hard to use, but very powerful once you learn its ins and outs.
4) Wax – Wax is a high performance and flexible free video editing software program. It started out as a college project, and has since grown. Wax is good for both home users and professionals. It can be used as a stand-alone application, or as a plug-in to other video editors. The software also features unlimited video and audio tracks with top-down compositing.
5) Zwei-Stein – Zwei-Stein is great free video editing software, but the user interface is very technical. It is full featured, offering many different effects. It can edit up to 256 video, audio, and still image clips. There are up to 64 effects, which can be chained serially. An interesting program that’s worth looking at.